Have you got a large deposit sitting in the bank but you’re still stuck on whether to buy a house or build it? Well, you wouldn’t be alone in that. Whether you should build or buy is a popular dilemma among homeowners because the choices are vast. It goes beyond one or two choices, too, because when you build you have to decide where, how big, how much. When you buy, you have to have the same choice but when you choose to build a home there are inclusions to consider and that makes it tough.
You can speak to businesses that excel in residential architecture to build a home from the ground up. You can also talk to expert property agents to determine the benefits of buying an existing home. But building comes with a new level of thinking and we’ve got some benefits to building your own home for you to consider below:
- The home is built for you. Just because you’re choosing to build doesn’t mean you’re the one doing all the heavy lifting. You ghetto pick the land, the floorplan, the design and more. You can pick all of the fixtures and fittings, the colours and more. Everything is your choice and that in itself is super exciting.
- There are often grants for new home builders. If you are building your first home and you intend to be an owner-occupier, you might find that there are grants available to you that you wouldn’t have otherwise had. If you want to take advantage of those grants and incentives, then you have to consider what it’ll mean for you to go ahead and build; it’s an exciting concept.
- The safety standards are very high. Building companies now have exceptional safety standards, which means that there are building codes to consider and safety legislation to work with. You can guarantee that your new home will be built to the latest codes and legislation, so your home is going to be liveable and safe from the get-go. You can expect a wide range of safety measures to be in place and that includes smoke detectors and safety glass.
- Fewer maintenance woes. Your new home is going to be settling in, but you’ll deal with much less in the way of maintenance. In fact, your builder should be able to offer you warranty periods once the new house is built and that will be something you can all back on should something go wrong. You’ll have insurance, but you’ll also know that any issues will be covered.
- It’s so much more appealing. If you have a house that you know you’ve designed and built, you’re going to gain so much more out of it. You’re going to have a comfortable, attractive home that makes you feel proud to be in it. So many homeowners prefer a newer property and it looks good!
Building your own home is going to change your life – especially if you are moving into the first ever house you’ve owned!